Beyond Addiction, How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- The 20-Minute Guide for Parents and Spouses (Books & Webinars)
- A new, empowered and positive role for families. Learn to tap the power of relationships to support positive change, instead of talking about enabling, tough love and detaching.
- What research shows really works and about change (specifically, why it is so hard! Details and strategies (including homework) for improving communication, reinforcing positive change, taking care of yourself, and helping your loved one decide to make real changes.
- Also a roadmap for navigating the treatment world, from psychiatrists to rehabs, medications to AA. A compelling challenge to the stigma and negative assumptions many people have about issues of addiction.
- Visit the Center for Motivation and Change website and hear from book’s authors. Learn how CRAFT and Beyond Addiction might help your family. The 20-Minute Parent Guide is on-line and free.
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA (Support Groups)
- Fellowship of people who had a drinking problem. Peer group meetings, based on a 12-step program. For anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking (or other drug) problem.
- Join us for coffee. Free
Al-Anon (Support Groups)
- Friends and families of problem drinkers find understanding and support.
- Many groups are nearby. Parent of… groups, too. Free
Above the Influence
- Peer-to-peer for teens. Parents have their stuff and teens have ours.